This blog has been overwhelmingly pro-snowboarding since its inception, with colourful pics and happy stories that paint a picture that snowboarding is a good, fun, awesome sport.

Lies. All lies.

Click read more for an enthralling journey on Why I Hate Snowboarding.



As you may have heard, I busted my knee on the hill a couple of weeks ago and have been stuck at home ever since.

The beautiful thing about people is that whenever something goes wrong, we always look for a scapegoat to blame - 'Oh no I've got cancer from smoking, lets blame the evil Tobacco companies not me for being a moron'. As a result of this, I'm laying the blame firmly on snowboarding - and not me for pursuing the sport - for leaving me stuck at home and bored shitless.

Without further ado, Why I Hate Snowboarding, presented in annoyingly formal numerical format:

1. It sucks you in with promises of high speeds, cool tricks and fresh, limitless, untracked pow, then often fails to deliver.

2. It makes you quit your job, fly halfway around the world, gives you two months of awesome, amazing snow, building up your expectations so that whenever it's not a powder day you're annoyed.

3. It helps you meet awesome people who are also oblivious to the web that snowboarding is weaving around them, more future victims of its evil plans.

4. It gives you the best times of your life, moments you'll never forget, only because it knows how jealous you'll be looking back on those times when you can't have them any more.

5. Because every day on the hill is awesome, and when you're stuck at home with a shit knee while everyone else is having a wicked time, it sucks. It really, really sucks.

I love snowboarding...